Tablets with Sims! Who Knew?

Well here’s another tip that blew me out of the water. Sure wish I would have known this before I went out to get another phone! Wait I am repeating myself here. Right? Oh well, it was bound to happen.
Did you know that cell phone providers can offer you a tablet plan for ones that have sim card capabilities?
NO… I did not know. My purchases would have been very different if I had known this before I bought my Samsung Tablet without sim capabilities during the holidays.
So my current phone plan gives me unlimited calls, which I barely use. Unlimited text that I use all the time. Unlimited calls between my other phones i.e. the family (that I use moderately), and one measly gig of data (trust me, it’s measly if you don’t have WIFI). All this for a grand total of 60 dollars a month.
Now most of us need a phone to have a number to call, but what if you didn’t need a number.
I am now on a tiered tablet plan from Virgin Mobile. It starts at 5$ a month and then progressively gets to $40 up to 5 gigs of data. It goes to $20 after you have used more than 1 gig. Every gig after 5 gigs is $10 more.
$60 or $40….Hmmmm…. Is that a $20 savings?
And let’s say you can get yourself a cheap tablet like this one from Amazon. And it also happens the one I bought myself for about $100.
Kocaso Tablet (Canada link)
Kocaso Tablet (U.S. link)
And you download KIK or Messenger for texts and phone calls, or Messenger or Skype for calls? Since most android phones have these, you can now use them to call other people and what if others knew that this was the way to reach you only. A Table that runs on Wi-Fi when it’s available and can run on Data when it’s not. You suddenly have a means of communications that can be used for everything.
Still need a phone. Get a simple prepaid flip phone from just anywhere or pay as you go. Use only for emergencies or teachers, bill collectors… Oh wait never mind that last one. You soon won’t need to worry about those if you follow my saving tips!
Samsung Flip Phone (Canada link)
Samsung Flip Phone (U.S. link)
And you know what? I got all this from an afternoon searching my current cell phone provider’s website.
It’s amazing when you take a minute to find stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts